Seven Reasons to Attend the 5th Annual AsianFest:
1) Taste mouthwatering Asian cuisine with various vendors cooking up their country's famous ethnic dishes (food and beverages available for purchase – must be 21 years of age to purchase alcoholic beverages); purchase ethnic jewelry and other items
2) Live cultural performances throughout the day starting at 12pm from Bollywood dancing, traditional singing to martial arts, including a performance by Gateway Dance Theatre
3) Villages: Explore the beauty of 8-12 Asian countries showcasing the colorful traditions, language, clothing, and interactive activities that make each Asian culture unique (China, India, Japan, Korea, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Tai Dam, Thailand, etc.)
4) Food Demonstration with mouthwatering free samples highlighting oats as the key ingredient in various Asian dishes: Quaker Oats & Hy-Vee's award-winning Chef Elizabeth
5) Kids Zone featuring face painting, balloon animals, bouncy house, crafts, etc.
6) Vibrant Fashion Show - on the runway - array of traditional and modern Asian outfits (evening)
7) International Dance Party by the River with DJ Jay Envy (official DJ for the Atlanta Falcons) spinning contemporary music from Asian, Bollywood to Progressive (in the evening - no ticket purchase required, part of the free festival line-up)
cuisine/beverages * concert * performances * fashion show * dance party * interactive villages * kids zone
General Admission: FREE
5th Annual AsianFest 2018 \
View 2015 pictures on our Facebook page:
The 5th Annual AsianFest is a FREE, fun festival for families to come and experience the flair, fusion and flavor of Asian cultures from rich performances, delicious cuisine, exotic cultures to concert showcasing and celebrating the diversity that continues to be part of the Midwest fabric. Hosted by Jenny Valliere, Miss Iowa USA & radio personality from Z102.9, enjoy a day full of fun and exciting things to do that appeals to kids and adults from the following festival activities and events.